Feb 13 2013
Have you done a review of your Facebook profile lately? I’m not talking about your FB business page — that’s for a different day. Right now I am talking about your personal profile.
Okay, everyone has a different opinion about profiles vs. pages. And everyone has an opinion of what you should or should not post on either. And many of us have had our fair share of both solicited and unsolicited advice on what to do with them.
My intention isn’t to tell anyone what to do with either, however it is always a good idea to review your social media profiles regularly. And, today, I want you to review your Facebook profile.
5 Things You Can Check on your Facebook Profile
- Review your account and privacy settings. With all the recent changes over the past 12 months or so and the rollout of the new “Graph Search”, I think this is very important to review. How open and available is all the information on your profile to the public? Last week I spent about a half hour or so going through all my settings. Most of what is on my profile is ONLY visible to my friends. It scares me how many people out there still have all the settings at the default from when they first signed up o.O
- Do you know what others see when they go to your profile? Reviewing this is important because there is a LOT of information you may not want the “public” to be able to view. You can do this by clicking on the cog/gear next to the “Activity Log” button under your cover image. In the drop down menu, click on “View as …” and you can see what the someone who see if they are not friends with you.
- When was the last time you updated your profile or cover image? Okay, this isn’t absolutely important, but we are getting close to spring It might be time to change it up a little!
- Can people “Follow” you? This used to be “Subscribe” but Facebook has recently made this change. I personally think this is FABULOUS!!! I do not accept every person who sends me a friend request. With having the “Follow” button activated, they can “follow” me and I don’t have to feel bad about not friending them What’s cool about the this feature is that everyone following your profile ONLY sees what you post publicly.
- Do you have your Facebook page linked to your profile in your “About” section? You can edit this information in your profile by editing your “Work and Education” section.
Looks like I am in need of coming up with a new cover image
What are some things you like to review on your Facebook Profile?